Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. It’s time spent with family with the biggest stress and pressure being related to if the turkey got thawed out in time. When I was growing up I started the day with watching the Macy’s Day Parade and at some point we started watching the dog show as well. Then my family always got together early, ate way to many snacks, watched football, played games and then stuffed ourselves even more with the Thanksgiving dinner. It was always such a great time for me, as my family is so much fun and something kind of crazy always ends up happening – the pie fights have been the best!
It’s also my favorite time of year because it is truly a time to count our blessings. I try to make a habit of doing this every day, but Thanksgiving time just brings it out even more. This year has been an incredible year of big changes and I can’t help but feel incredibly blessed.
- Our new home purchase in July keeps coming together more and more. The landscaping has been far more time consuming and costly than we anticipated, but it is amazing to see something come together that is completely ours!
- I built my contracting business to being more busy and consistent than I ever thought possible!
- My husband’s work has grown and expanded in great ways and his company and colleagues have felt more like a family than any other company that him or I have ever been a part of. It’s fantastic to feel like it’s not just work – it’s family.
- Our dog, Gracie, is just plain awesome. She is getting older – she’s 11 this year – but she fills every day with the unconditional love and excitement that only a dog can. I am so thankful for her health and for the wonderful walks that we share every day.
- Cory and I are so blessed to have such wonderful families and we were able to spend time with almost everyone this year. The best part was gaining an amazing new sister-in-law and niece!
- People in both of our families had some health issues this year, but everyone came out like champs!
- We are just so lucky to be surrounded by such fun, supportive and genuine friends. We’ve met a lot of great people in our new neighborhood and have been able to keep up with all of our friends despite everyone’s busy schedules!
- Cory and I were able to fulfill our love of travel and experienced incredible people, culture and places, made new friends and had some crazy adventures along the way!
- The most recent, craziest and humbling experience has been starting my private practice. It’s only 3 months old, but I have learned so much and feel beyond blessed to be able to treat my patients the way that I feel is the absolute best for them. It opened my world when I was able to break free from the insurance barriers and can now utilize all of the amazing techniques that I have learned over the years. Myself and my patients have both benefited immensely and for that I am sooooooooo grateful!
This list might seem long, but the real list is actually far longer than anyone would ever want to read. I have found that the experts are right – the more you think about your blessings, the happier you feel.
I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope that you have many blessings to count during this holiday season!